Pages

Friday 22 April 2011

Earth (birth) Day

Ottawa is beautiful today. I'm talking sunny, nice breeze, birds chirping, and all gang related activity has been put on hold so everyone can skip & drink koolaid in peace. To represent this, here's 2 men of Hispanic origin taking a bubble bath together...
"We're doing it up Earth Day stylez by conserving water yo"
Today, April 22, also happens to be the day of my birth. Now I don't want to come right out and say that it's gorgeous outside because it's my b-day. I'm just saying I'm not surprised. Today is also Good Friday - but because of all the awesomeness happening today I'm officially renaming it Fantastic Friday. As far as my Jewish understanding of Catholicism goes; I'm pretty sure Good Friday is slightly better than Mediocre Wednesday...but not quite as good as pancake Tuesday.
Your bowels won't move for a week, guaranteed! - IHOP
Sadly I don't really celebrate Easter. But I do celebrate seasonal chocolate that comes out around the same time as these hollidays. As I briefly touched on here, this means Cadbury Mini Eggs / Cream Eggs. Christmas = Terry's Chocolate Oranges; and St. Patty's normally means as much candy as I can drunkenly shove in my face over the span of a day.

So for today, I wish everyone a happy Earth Day, a happy Good Friday (do you say "happy Good Friday?"), and happy birthday to myself -yay!

1 comment:

  1. happy belated birthday~!!! :D :D :D hope it was a good one. filled with hispanic men in bathtubs, yummy yummy flapjacks and chocolate eggs galore! ;D

    ReplyDelete