Pages

Sunday 1 May 2011

Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead!

I am, of course, refering to the Arab Man-Witch Osama Bin Laden. I'm sure thousands of blogs are being written simultaneously saying much of the same thing... "yay." Even still, I find it necessary to add my 2 Paise (cents in Pakistan) to the issue.

As the dust settles there seems to be two distinct groups emerging. There are those shouting "Hurray for America! We won!" and the other side responding with, "mhmm, yeah, ok, we're still bankrupt..." Once again neither side is wrong or right, it's just a matter of oppinion. I'm not going to sleep any better knowing he's dead; but I did smirk a little when I heard he ate a few bullets. ACTUALLY, Obama just said the soldiers killed him, he didn't specify the method. I can only assume that they pummeled him to death with bibles wrapped in photocopies of the constutution.

Let's look at some quotes from Obama's speech...

"Shortly after taking office directed the head of the CIA to make capturing Osama bin Laden a top priority."
"Last August I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden."
"Finally last week I determined we had enough intelligence to take action."
 Today at my direction the United States operated a target operation"

With all the credit Obama is taking I'm suprised he didn't admit to ripping his shirt off and beating Bin Laden to death himself.

"...only then did I apply the rear naked choke while screaming 'de-mo-cra-cyyy!' into his ear. Dam those were some hairy ears."
America I'm happy for you. It's been a pretty rough ride and this is a nice morale boost. No doubt this isn't the last we've heard from those wascally-wabbit Al Qaeda; but atleast for now we can all high-five and reminisce about the decade long roller-coaster ride. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know. Some of those quotes don't speak much to "taking credit." The one about being briefed is almost like saying "Sandra told me about the hopscotch marathon;" clearly, I was told about something just as he was briefed about something.

    He's doing what anyone in a commanding position would do. He didn't say he did it, he's saying he ordered it to be done. Semantically, it's all fitting because he's not saying "I went in and killed him for you. Look, here's his head."

    What I'm hoping for is that this doesn't lead to a further increase of military spending, higher speculated gas prices because of instability (even though they fell a bit after the announcement), and a retaliated attack for Osama's death.

    ReplyDelete